Los Angeles, CA, USA

Bestia DTLA

Having been to Bestia a couple of times now, I can definitely say it's made it onto my list of favorite restaurants, especially for Italian food!  Located in a restored industrial warehouse in the revived Arts District downtown, the ambience, food, and drinks are all top notch.

bestia, bestia dtla, chicken liver pate, chicken liver crostino, crostini
Chicken liver crostino.  I love all things chicken liver and this did not disappoint.  However, it was not amazing either.  I would probably rather try something else next time!

Pan-roasted chicken gizzards with roasted beets and Belgian endive.  SO GOOD!  Loved the flavors.  Even people who are wary of eating offal should definitely try this dish!


Grilled beef tongue with garbanzo beans and smoked cherry romatoes.  I usually love beef tongue (on my tacos and at Korean barbecue!) so I was excited to try this but it tasted kind of bland to me.  Probably my least favorite dish of the ones I've tried.  

bestia, bestia dtla, burrata pizza, bestia pizza
Burrata pizza.  I was hoping the last disappointing pizza I had at Bestia was a fluke, but sadly pizza seems to be one thing I don't love from here!  A bit too doughy and chewy for me.  

bestia, pappardelle, porcino pappardelle
Porcino pappardelle--handcut mushroom pasta with poached farm egg and fried spinach.  Hmm.  This was just okay.  

bestia, bestia dtla, bestia pasta, spaghetti mancini, uni pasta
 Spaghetti Mancini--with sea urchin and squid ink bottarga, this might be one of my favorite dishes ever!!  It's a bit on the rich/creamy side, but soooo good!

panna cotta, bestia, bestia dtla, dessert
Panna Cotta.  I've never been a huge fan of Panna Cotta, but this was pretty good as far as Panna Cotta goes.

Our waitress recommended the nectarine & cherry crostata with buttermilk ice cream, and it was amazing!  Perfect end to a great meal.


© FRESH FIZZLE.