cool for school


In college, my roommate would tease me about getting excited and planning my outfits for the first few days of school. Even though I'm not a student anymore, I definitely still wish I was, and I can't help but get excited when this time of year rolls around. There's something about a new pencil box filled with brand new supplies that just exhilarates me!

So here I am in a quintessential back to school outfit: plaid skirt (will be wearing this over and over this fall) and a denim jacket (around the waist because it's definitely still way too hot for that). And I actually remember going through so many pairs of plimsolls in my elementary school days, although they were not nearly as cool as these floral-printed Keds. The pretty necklace is my attempt at looking a bit more sophisticated-slash-my age, and this gorgeous piece was a steal I picked up from J.Crew Factory. They have such awesome jewelry there at reasonable prices! Do you still remember any of your back to school outfits?

Lorimer NYC Pleated Plaid Skater Skirt, c/o Aeropostale. Grey crop top with cut outs, LA Hearts. Denim jacket, Levi's. Jeweled statement necklace, J Crew Factory. Floral plimsolls, c/o Taylor Swift x Keds. Tasseled bucket bag, c/o Old Navy. Brown leather Baker watch, Marc by Marc Jacobs.

17 comments

  1. I love this! So chic! Hahaha I can't believe you're not a student anymore, you still look so young!

    www.stylemeendless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! That crop top is amazing...the shoulder cutouts are so cool!

    thesarcasticwasian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING photos!
    love it!

    http://www.alliness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. back to school = same old school uniform. the only special thing was the smell of fresh laundry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your outfits are always on point! This is definitely perfect for back to school. I especially love the mix of prints between the floral keds and plaid skirt!

    Best,
    Christina

    Looks by Lau

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this outfit. I love the top and the plaid skirt. You look absolutely beautiful with the ponytail:D

    ❤ Charms | My ∞ Fashion Confession

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great outfit for back to school or otherwise! I love the cutouts on the blouse! I used to plan my back to school outfits for weeks in advance too. I guess that's why we're bloggers now! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. The little cutouts of your top are so adorable! Love how you styled the plaid.

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so cute! I really like this look on you :) Love the style!

    xxx
    http://www.rockinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your plaid skirt! <3


    Visit my blog Stylish Thoughts
    Nikka Gagui ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look like a harmless badass. I totally agree with your post title- you do look pretty cool for school. The cutout top is my favorite. LA Hearts always has the cutest tops!

    http://fashamorphosis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute, I love the skirt and those shoes are just gorgeous <3

    The Quirky Queer

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the cut out part of the top! you look gorgeous x

    www.aforvogue.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your back-to-school outfit is edgy girly + comfy. I quite like it. My old back-to-school outfit was a boring school uniform consisting of a white long sleeve tunic sort of top and a long bright blue skirt, plus white shoes. Haha, terrible I know :)

    missreverie | Fashionista NOW

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is honestly too chic - why can't I do that haha? My everyday look consists of jeans and the nearest t-shirt xx

    Emily | Lynde Avenue

    ReplyDelete
© FRESH FIZZLE.